Claudio,

> Is this feature being asked for?
> ;-)

Yes and it's very handy for people with an Oracle background. I wished
it was here in Firebird when I was its user back in 2000 ;-)

> What I see is that fields with the same name, even though they come from
> different tables, would need to be given an alias:
>
> select T1.A, T2.A ... as cursor C do
>       v = C.A; -- Error
>
> =>
> select T1.A as t1a, T2.A as t2a ... as cursor C do
>       v = t1a; -- Ok

We may or may not require aliases, but we must check the final names
(aliased, derived) for uniqueness anyway. But I suppose it shouldn't be
checked at the cursor declaration time to avoid backward compatibility
issues (if AS CURSOR is specified for positioned updates/deletes).
Instead, it could be checked when the cursor "fields" are being
referenced and error could be thrown only if ambiguity exists.