28.04.2014 01:04, Jesus Garcia wrote:

> Allways my customers require me features that oracle and sql server has

Well, they should understand that Firebird will never have all those
features from Oracle and MSSQL. The question is what they really need.

> 1. Built-in replication. Our customers want to have databases replicated
> and been able to move connections to another center in case of
> server/center hardware crash. I know there is replications applications
> in firebird, but them are not what is needed. (CORE-2021)

You're talking about a hot standby solution here. Surely, it can be
built on top of the replication, but other solutions are also possible.

See for example:
http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-2990

> 2. Clustering. Allow access from two or more servers to a database.
> (CORE-2719)

I'd say you may forget about this in the context of the next release. I
simply don't see how it could appear anytime soon.

> Now other features I would like to have:
>
> 1. Transaction ID datatype. In v3, Transaction ID has changed to
> unsigned, but may be better a greater data type, like  40 bits value.
> Everyday databases grows, require more transactions and more users.
> Current transactionID is limit for the near future.

There's a 64-bit txn id implementation available (although not publicly
yet), but alternative solutions also look possible. I'd like to have
their draft implementations at hands before deciding what solution
Firebird is going to get.

> 2. Support for SQL Schemas. CORE-738

Personally, I would second this suggestion. The question, however, is
who is interested in developing such a big piece of work. I'm afraid
this not gonna be me, sorry.

> 3. Service calls for aliases.conf CORE-1422

It's named databases.conf in v3 and its structure is quite different
now. IMO, this ticket needs adjustments to the new realities before
considering it for implementaion.