All,

In FB3, we have increased the default page cache size for Classic
(SharedCache = false) from 75 to 256 pages. I'd like to propose other
changes as well:

1) Bump the default page cache size for SuperServer (SharedCache = true)
from 2K to at least 8K pages. Personally, I'd go for ~20K pages.

2) Rename DefaultDbCachePages config setting to something like
PageCacheSize, as "default-db-something" setting looks weird in the
customized per-database configuration.

Maybe we should go even further and deprecate inside-the-database-header
cache setting along with gfix -buffers command in favor of the
per-database config setting, but such a change has some disadvantages,
so it needs careful consideration.

3) Bump the default page size from 4KB to 8KB, i.e. choose the
compromise value (min is 4K, max is 16K) as default. Databases tend
getting bigger and we often recommend moving higher from 4KB pages.

Opinions?