30.06.2014 20:12, Jesus Garcia wrote:

> I'm experiencing one problem when trying to recompile stored procedures.
>
> Once I use one stored procedure from my application (that is not called
> from triggers and other procedures), the only way to recompile the
> procedure is to close user session.
>
> I understand that one stored procedure can be recompiled if it is not
> used but I have not read in any documentation that one stored procedure
> is in use until closing the user session.
>
> After using the stored procedure and close the form that uses it, freed
> the applicacion object that calls the stored procedure and commit the
> transaction, I don't see in mon$statements the stored procedure but if I
> try to compile it I get the error "Object in use".

There's no such thing as "compiling" a stored procedure, so I believe
you're actually talking about altering.

All you need to do is to use a WAIT transaction to perform DDL for
procedures (including ALTER PROCEDURE). When using a NOWAIT transaction
to alter procedures, this is expected to get an "object in use" error.