Dimitry,

If Firebird is to continue to have a handle based API then your options are:

1. Upgrade the existing handle based API

2. Create 'C' wrapper functions for each virtual method call in the new API.

The criticism of the old API in the release notes appears valid and so
the easiest and probably the best approach is a set of 'C' wrappers. As
Jim indicated, this should not be a difficult problem to solve.

Tony Whyman
MWA