On 31-7-2014 21:45, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
> On 31-7-2014 17:59, marius adrian popa wrote:
>> ps: as for protocol we can have something better too  but that is
>> another discussion (I envision a SOA or rest api with json response
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/HTTP_API)
>
> That sounds nice as an extra, but IMHO that has more overheard than a
> good binary protocol.

BTW: I am not saying the Firebird wire protocol is bad, but it is not
well documented, and some of the stuff is awkward (for example having to
describe the columns you expect on each fetch, while the server informed
me what they look like on prepare). Now historically this is probably
perfectly understandable, and maybe it allows for some amazing advanced
stuff, if only I knew how.

Mark Rotteveel