01.09.2014 19:58, Jim Starkey wrote:

> Anybody see any problems with it?

I like neither DPB solution because it's DPB. It's not a "connection
string" option, it's an API option. Surely not a problem for ISQL users
that will support it out of the box. But most of existing user
applications need to be recompiled to use the new option. Those devs who
are too high level will have to wait until their underlying Firebird
connectivity library is updated to support the new option.

I don't call this user-friendly, sorry. IMHO, a DDL solution is much
handier. And it's also implementable in a few hours.

Relaxed write restriction for rdb$source is probably even easier to
implement. And it doesn't require us to think about the forward
compatible syntax.