> So, is it normal that this step does not run automatically when you
> choose "Build solution"?

Yes, it is intended behavior.

If you need some files to be copied every time, write them here and
I'll do a fix.
We have several group of files now:
- databases (security3.fdb, help.fdb)
- configs, text files (including licenses, WhatsNew, ChangeLog)
- udf sql files
- examples (a lot of files, directories)
- headers
- docs
- libs (fbclient_ms.lib, ib_util_ms.lib)
- installers *.bat (legacy from default build system) - windows only

... or we can turn on an option to run 'copy_files' target every time
during the build. (It takes some time to copy all files.)

On 29 January 2015 at 19:14, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes
<adrian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/01/2015 13:56, Egor Pugin wrote:
>> What files do you mean?
>> ---
>> With cmake try to run building of "Custom build steps/copy_files"
>> project in VS solution manually and see in 'build_dir/firebird/<conf>/
>> if this is what you need.
>>

> Apparently it copies, but I don't run to test now.
>
> So, is it normal that this step does not run automatically when you
> choose "Build solution"?
>

> Adriano

Egor Pugin