14.03.2015 15:38, Robbert-Jan wrote:

> I’m trying to retrieve the explain plan of the last prepared query,
> using the mon$explained_plan field, introduced in FB3 beta.
> I used:
> SELECT mon$explained_plan FROM mon$statements WHERE mon$transaction_id =
> CURRENT_TRANSACTION

Wrong. You should use WHERE mon$attachment_id = CURRENT_CONNECTION instead.

The mon$transaction_id gets assigned when the query starts to execute,
i.e. it containts NULL for a just prepared query.

> - the mon$explained_plan field is not yet added to
> README.monitoring_tables.txt.

Will be added, thanks.

> - the mon$explained_plan field seems to start with a carriage return,
> what is the purpose of that?

Historical artifact, as the legacy plan was always returned prefixed
with a carriage return. Perhaps we can avoid this for the new output, I
will check.