> On Mar 29, 2015, at 8:58 AM, Alex Peshkoff <peshk...@mail.ru> wrote:
>
> Currently access to sequences/generators and exceptions is not limited,
> i.e. user not granted explicitly any rights can access sequences and
> exceptions. I wonder - who added that privileges in such way? Is it WIP
> or a bug that requires fixing?

I can only speak to generators which were added a long time ago.  At that time,
InterBase had two security models - a permissive mode that assumed all usage
and allowed the administrator to restrict access, and the beginning of the SQL
model which was used only to the extent it was defined in the standard, which
didn't recognize generators.  So all access was allowed to generators by
default.  I guess if somebody had asked, we'd have added the ability to
restrict access.

Adding SQL style permissions will require some thought, since nobody has
granted all rights to all on generators and suddenly restricting access to them
will be a serious nuisance.

Cheers,

Ann