Up to now Jaybird has always used the Firebird error codes, or specific
error messages defined in code.

I am currently looking into defining some Jaybird specific error codes,
with associated messages and SQL states. To prevent collisions with
future error codes in Firebird, I'd like to know if using codes below
300000000 would be sufficient to prevent collision, or would it be
better to follow the same formal rules as used inside Firebird to
generate error codes (eg reserve a facility code for Jaybird)?

Mark Rotteveel