Hello Dmitry,

> 20.10.2015 00:18, Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:
>>
>> with Firebird 3, what are the capabilities to disallow unwanted users to
>> open my database?
>>
>> I thought perhaps preparing a database pointing to itself as security
>> database might be an option (MON$DATABASE.MON$SEC_DATABASE=Self), but
>> this database then still can be opened by an embedded connection without
>> troubles.
>
> Embedded connections do not authenticate users, this is by design.

I know for pre V3, but I thought this might have changed in case of users
embedded in the database, so when the database itself is also acting as
security database.

The
> only protection for distributed databases is a database encryption.

Ok. Any plans that V3 final comes with an encrypt plugin implementation
out-of-the box, which can be used for production?

Thanks a lot.

Thomas