18.11.2015 14:24, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:

>> What do you mean by "now"? v3 RC2?
>
> Tomorrow. ;) Yes, in v3 RC2.

Adding it is one part of the deal. How should it be retrieved by the
client? When/how should it be created for already existing ODS12
databases? What if application relies on it but database is read-only so
it cannot be created on-the-fly? Should gbak reset or preserve it?
Should nbackup preserve or reset it? Should there be a way to reset UUID
for existing database?

I have answers myself but your needs may differ. And I think that
something with non-trivial usage cases should not be done in a hurry.