01.03.2016 21:02, Atri Sharma wrote:

> I was looking into the bug tracker to pick something to hack on, and
> found Core-1686. This seemed pretty interesting to me, but I have never
> had a look at Firebird core before.

I think CORE-1686 may actually be more complicated than it appears at
the first glance. BTW, it has chances to be implemented by the core team
soon.

But if you insist, we may try to split this ticket into smaller tasks,
so that you could choose something easier to start with, and maybe later
coordinate your work with other team members.

> Any place where I can start hacking, reading about the architecture,
> code pointers, guidance please?

Worth looking here:
http://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/documents/development
http://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/documents/design

But basically you will have to learn from the source code.