> Sean, I see no problems with changing way of files comparison for windows if
> needed. I just disagree with case-insensitive comparison on posix where FS is
> case-sensitive.
> And it applies to all places where file names are used, including config
> files.

Then maybe we need to rethink how config files are stored.

Our own application uses database config files to describes certain
characteristics that we want to vary depending on the environment the database
is deployed to.  We require the config file to match the filename of the
database, ie. each database has a separate config file.

Why not simply adopt the same for Firebird.

The user would be able to name the database anything they want, they would
simply need to have the same name.

The "databases.conf" file could be used to provide default values that would
apply to databases in a given folder.

Sean