Здравствуйте!

>> 2) We added option into NBACKUP utility to create change set based on
>> baseline GUID rather than level.

VK>    Basic tests show it works :) If anyone have idea how to improve it - you
are welcome.
VK> For example, we could introduce special switch to query backup GUID of
target database
VK> to pass in into backup automatically.

as I understand correctly (maybe not), this is equivalent how InterBase's
"online dump"
feature works.
InterBase cannot produce "level increments", like Firebird, but it can
write changes since -b 0 to the -b 0 file.

If I'm right, I think using GUIDs in the command line is totally
useless.
How InterBase do this
gbak -d db.ib db.dump

if db.dump does not exist, it will be created, and the result will be
equivalent of
nbackup -b 0 db.fdb db.nb0

except InterBase after dump makes db.dump read-only, and another
instance can work with this file without any problem.

Next command
gbak -d db.ib db.dump
will only write changes from db.ib since this command was run last
time. After that db.dump have the same state - read-only.
If IB needs to overwrite dump, like -b 0 again, -ov switch is used
gbak -d -ov ...

Since Firebird always overwrite files during nbackup -b 0
I suggest to add nbackup switch that will APPEND changes to nbackup
file level 0.
Example
nbackup -b 0 db.fdb db.nb0

this will always overwrite db.nb0

nbackup -b 0 -ap db.fdb db.nb0
this will append changes, accumulated in db.fdb from the last -b 0.

But, in this case nbackup must understand that none "increments"
were missing between
nbackup -b 0 db.fdb db.nb0
and
nbackup -b 0 -ap db.fdb db.nb0
nbackup -b 0 -ap db.fdb db.nb0

If I'm not understood what Nikolay have done, consider this message as
a feature request.
This feature is very good for scalability - to allow split load of one
database between two servers. read-only "copy" of the database can be used
to run reports, etc.
And it can be updated from the main database each 30-10 minutes, if
there any need of this. Especially with Firebird 3.0 SCN feature, wich
allow nbackup to scan db very fast.

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, www.ibase.ru