> > Unfortunately, this function available in server OS starting with
> > Win2003 but is only available on client OS as of Win8.1 (the page
> > awkwardly refers to Vista support -- which would imply Win7+)
>
> Vista and up are supported(maybe some XP versions, but I think Microsoft
> removed those references from their documentation). With the reference
> for Windows 8.1, that is related to the Windows Store apps(Modern UI and
> Universal Windows Platform).

Thanks for your review.

Given it is supported in Win2003, it would make sense that it would be also
supported by all client OS released with/after Win2003.

As for XP, I agree, without creating a test app it is difficult to know/say
whether the function is supported.  I tried searching the MS TechNet site for
details of XP support, found nothing.

In fact, Win2003 may not even be supported.  The following link describes the
function as being introduced only with Win2008/Vista *not Win2003*.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb726965.aspx

Sean