I've compiled firebird 3 with prefix=/opt/firebird3 and then installed
it into several sub-directories based on port numbers.

This command _ought_ to work:

 /opt/firebird3/fb3056/bin/firebird \
      -p 3056 \
      -e /opt/firebird3/fb3056 \
     -el /tmp/firebird3/fb3056 \
     -em /opt/firebird3/fb3056

but fails with this error message:

  /opt/firebird3/fb3056/bin/firebird: error while loading shared
  libraries: libfbclient.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such
  file or directory

If I then create /opt/firebird3/lib and copy the fbclient files and
symlinks to it I then get this error:

  Missing master config file firebird.conf

If I then copy firebird.conf into /opt/firebird3 the server
finally starts.

Surely the -e option should force firebird to locate the lib dir
and the config file from the directory specified? Otherwise, what is
the point of the -e parameter?

Paul
--
Paul Reeves