15.01.2017 19:00, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
> So what I call virtual metadata and how would it solve the problems:

   Sounds not bad, but requires more programming and is less effective than
versioned
metadata cache.

> When a DDL command is issued, it will not change metadata directly. It
> will change metadata in a memory structure tied to the current transaction.

   I would prefer other approach: DDL command change metadata in database
directly and
immediately. Every other transaction use ordinary versioning mechanics to see
database
(including metadata) in consistent state according to TIL. Metadata cache is
either
reduced or expanded to follow metadata versions in database. DFW is reduced to
simple
check for object valid state which is performed on base of ordinary undo log.
No problems
with circular references, no problem with mixing of DDL and DML.

--
   WBR, SD.