A post to the Firebird support list pointed out that current_timestamp values
do not correctly reflect the effect of DST time changes while the server is
running.

In order for current_timestamp to reflect the correct local time values, the
server needs to be restarted.

Though it never occurred to me to check time condition, I would have to say
that the current logic seems wrong.  Since current_timestamp is supposed to
return the local time, all values should be valid in that context, and it
should not require a server restart in order for the values to be correct.

I was going to log a case about this, but thought that I should post here first.

Sean