Current Ubuntu LTS  is 64 bit , only with selected packages for 32 bit apps
(Thanks to Steam and Wine apps)
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/06/ubuntu-is-dropping-all-32-bit-support-going-forward
Even FreeBSD moved i386 to Tier 2 for FreeBSD 13.x
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-announce/2021-January/002006.html

So in the end my guess 32 bit is only for legacy apps (Think Delphi apps
without source code ... )