24.02.2021 11:13, Martin Wong wrote:

I am trying to test the new Firebird 4  synchronous replication on windows 7 64bit machine with the following configurations:

#databases.conf
master = d:\fb4\master.fdb
replica = d:\fb4\replica.fdb

#replication.conf
database = master
{
    sync_replica = sysdba:masterkey@localhost:replica

    log_directory = d:\fb4\log\

This line is not needed to synchronous replication.

IIRC, we already discussed to replace "log" with "journal" (or "changelog" or whatever) in these configuration settings. Currently it's confusing whether we speak about replication segment files or replication.log file.

    log_errors = true
    verbose_logging = true
}

I create a new database from script,(master.fdb) and then shutdown firebird server, copy the database to the new file name (replica.fdb) and mark the it as replica database via gfix like this:

C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_4_0>gfix -replica read_write d:\fb4\replica.fdb -user sysdba -pass masterkey

And after starting the firebird server again and connecting and writing to the master database, nothing changed on the replica database, and also the replication.log wasn't created in the log path ( d:\fb4\log\ ).

replication.log is located in the same directory as firebird.log.

After that I tried to monitor the firebird server via Sysinternals Process Monitor, and found that the firebird server accessed the master database file and the replication,conf file, but never accessed or connected to the replica database file or the replication.log.

Did you run:

ALTER DATABASE INCLUDE ALL TO PUBLICATION;
ALTER DATABASE ENABLE PUBLICATION;

?