On 14-08-2021 08:49, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
13.08.2021 10:04, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

I'd still like an answer to the following questions (assume page size 32KB for all):

- What is the maximum file size of a Firebird 4 database

Theoretically unlimited (depends on OS and filesystem). Practically, it cannot be bigger than 128 TB (2^32 pages * 32KB).

Now I see you mentioned 32 TB as the database size limit. How was it calculated? It should be the same 128 TB, AFAIK.

The 32 TB is the old value on the page, when the entire page was for Firebird 2.5. I have no idea who wrote the previous version of that page or if that value was correct for Firebird 2.5.

- What is the maximum size of a single table?

It wasn't changed, so should be ~18 TB (my quick calculation shows 22 TB actually, but it could be a mistake of mine).

- What are the maximum number of rows per table?

Still the same (2^40).

Max blob size for 32 KB page should be around 512 GB, IIRC.

Thanks

--
Mark Rotteveel