Den 2021-10-07 kl. 10:56, skrev Molnár Attila:
"Tablespaces has meaning for large databases only that don't fit into single storage
(terrabytes)."

That is not true. It has meaning whatever the programmers meant to use it. It
might not be about read performance, but e.g. logical data serparation, backup
speedup, etc...
Also you should not just thinking in a single huge database, but hundreds or
thousands mid-to-large databases as well. That could also occupy huge amount of
disk space. (cloud service)

In our case our database (~300 Gbyte) has a couple of tables that are orders of magnitude larger than most others (meaning number of records). If tablespaces will support different page sizes in different tablespaces, then we would probably(?) benefit from being able to have  larger page size for these tables and their indices, and a smaller one for the smaller tables.

Regards,
Kjell