On 22/01/2022 12:48, Kovalenko Dmitry wrote:
> Hello Adriano,
>
> If I understood correctly in this topic described same problem:
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/firebird-support/c/oO9c_ppmfRg/m/-ukO9L37DQAJ
>
> ?

It appears to be the same error, but AFAIK it currently happens only in
MacOS.

Or, if someone tries to dlopen/LoadLibrary directly the plugins library...

> ---
> The problem with correct shutdown of module with shutdown function (or
> component with "Dispose" method) is solved through counter of active calls.
> Or counter of alive objects in case of OO-API.
>
> I use this technology in my DLL servers.

If Firebird had an Engine class with state inside that instance, things
would certainly be easy.

But we rely on many global/static state.

It's not very simple to just reload engine after shutdown when the
library was not unloaded.

Adriano