16.02.2022 13:24, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:

It looks so. Unless we miss something (Alex?), perhaps we need to add a runtime check that rejects key creation for INT128 values longer than 34 decimal digits.

Thinking twice, an overflow error should already been raised when a longish INT128 is converted into DECFLOAT(34) before composing the index key.

No, it does not happen, that int128 is rounded.

So no problems at all, except suboptimal index scan (possibly false matches) for longish values?