On 15/03/2022 13:00, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
> Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote 15.03.2022 15:37:
>> On 15/03/2022 11:23, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
>>> Very interesting - but other name for them should be used. It's too easy
>>> to loose difference between LT & LTT that are absolutely different
>>> things.
>>>
>> Maybe just "DECLARE TABLE" then?
>
>   Oracle uses term "collection". Why not to adapt their syntax?

The only similarity with LT is that data is not under transaction control.

Oracle's collection variables are not integrated with SQL update commands.

It's mostly a PL/SQL (not SQL) feature.

LT, while defined in PSQL, works like a SQL table, except that it does
not uses transaction control.

Oracle's collection is integrated with standard tables. It's part of
their object-relational integration.

Collections only as variable feels as an incomplete feature for me.

Adriano