Hi James, all,

>> I downloaded the latest version of the beta
>> Firebird_Language_Reference_25EN.pdf. I will begin by reviewing the
>> DML, PSQL and Functions chapters.

> DML up to and including PROCEDURE has been done.  Just the small
> objects remain, starting from PDF page 151 (pagination P. 137) at the
> EXTERNAL FUNCTION section.

That's DDL up to and including PROCEDURE. So if James begins with the
DML chapter, he should start the beginning. But he can also start with
DDL, in that case from the EXTERNAL FUNCTION section.

>> will review the InterBase6.0 beta LangRef
>
> If you mean "review for correctness, etc." then forget this one.  It
> is about 16 years old and has never been updated in the Firebird era.
>
>>  and the Firebird 2.5 LangRef.
>
> This is the one.  It is a total replacement for the old InterBase
> LangRef and all of the Firebird LangRef Update volumes.

You can use the IB 6 LangRef and the Fb 2.5 LangRef *Update* while
checking information for correctness, although the ultimate test is
always to simply try things out. (But as I indicated earlier, if this
takes too much time or gets complicated, just having the English
corrected is already a big step forward from where we are now.)

Good luck!

Paul Vinkenoog