I`m not really sure wether it comes down to the .net provider, but I
suppose asking won`t hurt.
I have a relatively big database (about 900 MB) handling 5 shops at the
moment. Until yesterday it was hosted on a penti...@3ghz machine with
512MB RAM, running Windows XP. At that config the firebird server used to
crash from time to time (accepting socket connections, blocking them by
doing nothing - no timeout, no data, no nothing).

Yesterday I did a major hardware upgrade and decided to setup Windows 2008
Core as it seemed a good idea. After bringing the database up the clients
started hanging when trying the enque events. What I "fixed" was to set
the RemoteAuxPort to a static one.

What changed in the problem :
1 The firebirdserverdefaultinstance service can be stopped without
rebooting the server(the new host seems to be handling the database ok)
2 Not all clients hang at the same time.
3 It happens 3-4 times a day(not once in 2-3 days)
4 Restarting the client software does not always do the trick the first
time ...

I am using firebird .net provider 2.1.0, with a minor backport to be able
to register the events on the firebird 2.1.* server (currently 2.1.2).
Could it be that I have messed up event registration in some way? How beta
is the 2.5.0 beta (anyone using it under atleast some pressure? should I
upgrade my app?)Is anyone aware of firebird + W2008 issues? Any ideas at
all would be really appreciated.

--
Ние лудите сме на изчезване, трябва да се подкрепяме !