DbCommand objects are disposable and therefore this pattern can most
easily be addressed with the 'using' pattern.  I see you are using it
for your reader, you can also use it for your command objects.  Or you
can write out your own try...finally blocks if you want (what 'using'
actually emits).  For that matter, the code you posted could also use
some protective logic to clean up the connection in case of catastrophy.

Danny Gorton II
Co-founder
Absolute Power and Control, LLC
www.absolutepowerandcontrol.com