Van: Joël Gijbels
Verzonden: woensdag 19 maart 2014 9:29
Aan: 'mcas...@mcsoft.com.br'; firebird-net-provider@lists.sourceforge.net
Onderwerp: RE: [Firebird-net-provider] Question about the Firebird .Net Client
forEF6.

HI Marco,

Thanks for your response. I forgot to mention that in my initial quest. Yes, I
did do that. Here is the content of my App.config fil:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <!-- For more information on Entity Framework configuration, visit
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=237468 -->
    <section name="entityFramework"
type="System.Data.Entity.Internal.ConfigFile.EntityFrameworkSection,
EntityFramework, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false" />
  </configSections>
  <system.data>
    <DbProviderFactories>
      <add name="FirebirdClient Data Provider"
invariant="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient" description=".NET Framework Data
Provider for Firebird"
type="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FirebirdClientFactory,
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient" />
    </DbProviderFactories>
  </system.data>
  <entityFramework>
    <defaultConnectionFactory
type="System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.LocalDbConnectionFactory,
EntityFramework">
      <parameters>
        <parameter value="v11.0" />
      </parameters>
    </defaultConnectionFactory>
    <providers>
      <provider invariantName="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient"
type="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbProviderServices,
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient" />
      <provider invariantName="System.Data.SqlClient"
type="System.Data.Entity.SqlServer.SqlProviderServices,
EntityFramework.SqlServer" />
    </providers>
  </entityFramework>
</configuration>

Kind regards,

Joël Gijbels

Did you configured your App.config file with this provider configuration?
<configuration>
  <configSections>
    <section name="entityFramework"
type="System.Data.Entity.Internal.ConfigFile.EntityFrameworkSection,
EntityFramework, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false" />
    <!-- For more information on Entity Framework configuration, visit
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=237468 -->
  </configSections>
  <startup>
    <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5.1" />
  </startup>
[...]

          Best  regards,
Marco Aurelio Castro
Director