Hi,

I am having problems importing Firebird stored procedures into the entity
framework via the VS model designer (Update Model from Database). The stored
procedure is selectable but it does not get generated in the model xml anywhere
(i.e. not in ssdl, csdl, msl). There are no errors given.

I have tried running edmgen on the same model and this adds the procedures into
the ssdl file as functions just fine. I have analysed the queries fired by the
model designer and they seem to return data fine (i.e. these are the queries in
the Client\Entity\StoreSchemaDefinition.ssdl file in the
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient source)

I don't understand what the model designer could be doing that is different
from edmgen. I thought it would run edmgen in the background but obviously it's
doing more than this.

I am using Firebird v2.5, Provider v4.1.5.0, .Net v4, VS 2013. I have tried
importing stored procedures from a databases that are dialect 1 and 3.

Can anybody help with this?

Thanks,

Piers Smith
Senior Developer
Communicare eHealth Solutions Pty Ltd
Tel: 08 6212 6900  Fax: 08 6212 6980
piers.sm...@communicaresystems.com.au<mailto:piers.sm...@communicaresystems.com.au>
www.communicaresystems.com.au<http://www.communicaresystems.com.au/>

Communicare eHealth Solutions advises that this email account is not
continuously monitored.  Please forward any Helpdesk enquiries to our monitored
address
helpd...@communicaresystems.com.au<mailto:helpd...@communicaresystems.com.au>
and note that urgent matters must be advised by telephone.  This message, and
any attachments, are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential. Any
unauthorised use, disclosure, reproduction or distribution of this message and
its attachments is prohibited.  This message is forwarded from an individual
and does not necessarily represent the views of Communicare eHealth Solutions.
If you have received this message in error kindly notify the sender and then
delete the contents.