Hi,

At June 27, 2016, 3:51 PM, Jiří Činčura wrote:

> Hi *,

> there's something I've been working on for a few evenings and weekends.
> As you might know, from Firebird 3 there's and interface to write a
> plugin that allows to execute any code as stored procedure, function or
> trigger.

> So why not to have these in .NET, right? I have a working plugin right
> now. Currently only stored procedures are supported. No blobs at the
> moment as well.

> You can check small example at the end of this email.

> Now the important part. Is there enough interest in this to keep working
> it? The hardest part is mostly over. Now it's just adding support for
> more objects and polishing it, hardening it and probably adding features
> based on requests (like security).

I can see myself and our company developing stored procedures,
functions and triggers in .Net. There were times were it will likely
be easier. And, stored procedures is a good starting point, since it
can be called from a trigger. Also, this will make it easier to reuse
business logic that is developed in .Net(without having to rewrite it
in PSQL), if it is to implement such logic in a stored procedure or
trigger.

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Rail