Hi all,

after discussion with Jiri Cincura I prepare proposal for prepared
statement cache that will be implemented inside .NET provider.

Motivation:

Preparation of SQL statement take a time and also server resources. Many
SQL server has this functionality build in in engine, but FB not.

More reading for example here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12141036/preparedstatement-caching-what-does-it-mean-how-does-it-work

We implement this to speed up our web application (cache is persistent
across web requests).

Ideas:

Each connection that already exists in pool well keep a private
dictionary of cached statements (can be disable by config).

Not used SQL will be released after some time out, also cache will have
maximum statements like default 100.

When application obtaining new connection from pool, provider will look
for free connection with higher number of cached statements.

The question:

Is this interesting to have this functionality inside provider and fully
transparent?

Slavek

PS: We combine this with RO transaction pool and also with data caching,
but this is different story.

--
Ing. Slavomir Skopalik
Executive Head
Elekt Labs s.r.o.
Collection and evaluation of data from machines and laboratories
by means of system MASA (http://www.elektlabs.cz/m2demo)
Address:
Elekt Labs s.r.o.
Chaloupky 158