houh, hough, hough... brrrr.

please accept my apologies for stealing your time.

I  remembered  that I can also make a "trace" of ODBC calls, something
that    Mr.    Tsvigun  once  used  to find and eliminate a problem in
the driver (around 2004).
While  trying to create the trace I saw that, for whatever reason I'll
never  understand,  I  had  installed  an outdated ODBC driver on this
machine.
Re-Installing  .152,  all seems to work fine. Please excuse me for the
trouble.  Will you come to Luxemburg this year? There are so many guys
here   I  am  owing  a round of best czech or belgian beer for all the
time I'm stealing from them, one more won't matter :-)

> Hi,

> Tell in-depth information how to reproduce your problem please.

> On 20.03.2013 17:28, André Knappstein wrote:
>> Hi Gang!
>>
>> Is  there  a  known technical reason why I can open literally any ODBC
>> driven data source in MS Word (2007 and higher), but *not* Firebird?
>>
>> Do   I  have  to make any settings which escaped me so far, or will it
>> just  not  work  or  is the problem widely unknown so far? I'd like to
>> prepare   some   views  in  Firebird  and make them available for some
>> assistants (creating mail merges).
>>
>> There  is  no  problem  in  MS Excel (via MSQuery), but using the same
>> *.dqy  throws  "unable  to  connect to datasource: library 'C:\program
>> files\Firebi'   failed   to  load",  with  an  additional  information
>> "SQL-Status 08004, return code: SQL_ERROR".
>>
>> Creating   a new connection throws "Unable to retrieve table metadata"
>> (original   in  German:  "Es  konnten  keine  Tabellenlisten  von  der
>> Datenquelle bezogen werden").
>>
>> using driver .152
>>
>> thanks for any hint.

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

André Knappstein
EDV und Controlling
beta Eigenheim- und Grundstücksverwertungsgesellschaft mbH
Hafenweg 4
59192 Bergkamen-Rünthe

Telefon: +49 2389 9240 140
Telefax: +49 2389 9240 150
e-mail:  knappst...@beta-eigenheim.de

Amtsgericht Hamm Nr. B 420
Geschäftsführer: Achim Krähling, Dirk Salewski und Matthias Steinhaus

USt-IDNr.: DE 125215402