Hello,

We are looking for advice on building the Firebird ODBC driver for 64
bit RHEL6 Linux. I've seen several older postings that refer to some of
the issues we are seeing, but I have not seen a write up that nails the
solution.

We started off by downloading the latest code for the ODBC driver.

cvs -d:pserver:anonym...@firebird.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/firebird
login
cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anonym...@firebird.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/firebird co
OdbcJdbc

Then built it:

cd OdbcJdbc/Builds/Gcc.lin
make -f makefile.linux

This produces an ODBC driver that works most of the time. It aborts with
a SIGSEGV when executing a SQL statement that uses parameters that have
been set up with SQLBindParameter().

I'm pretty sure this has something to do with a type that ought to be 32
bit or 64 bit or vice versa not being defined correctly. We've tried
building with BUILD_REAL_64_BIT_MODE, and that has not helped.

We did have success using the prebuilt ODBC driver in our test
environment, by creating a link for libodbcinst.so.1. While we cannot
use this solution in production, it has confirmed our theory that we are
not building the driver correctly.

Thank you for any suggestions you may be able to offer.

Best regards,
Liz Watson