On Jan 14, 4:34 am, "Honza (Jan Odvarko)" <odva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > console/3408/issue3408.js
>
> This failure is related to the changes for Issue 3784: "undefined"
> shouldn't be shown as return value of assignments or internal function
> calls in Console Panel
>
> I can't reproduce that consistently, but I have noticed that
> console.log("This is a test log");
> produces following log in the Console panel:
> This is a test log_firebugIgnore

Well I am to blame for the "_firebugIgnore" part, that is what I added
to try to solve the problem of "undefined" as the return value of
console.log().

The reason the result is inconsistent is that Firebug buffers log
output to avoid lag. The buffering will be skipped in some cases
(noThrottle).

Maybe console.log() should return "Don't use console.log(foo) in the
command, just type 'foo'"   ;-)

jjb