From: Chris Knox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 1999 7:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Marginally on-topic -- Secure remote email access

My company is scattered across North and South America, Europe, Asia,
Australia and the Pacific Rim.   We currently use Notes for internal
email but the size of the data transfers while databases synch up has
caused some very expensive phone calls.  We're getting a lot of pressure
to open up POP3 and let users connect accross the Internet.  It give me
heartburn to think of all those passwords being shuttled around in the
clear from random ISPs in Sao Paulo, Moscow, London and who knows where
else.  To make matters worse the users who travel the most are executives
and sales types who are -uhm- technologically -uhm- challenged.  I.e.
they are doing well if they can set their clock radio.

Ideas or pointers to a more appropriate forum?

--
Chris Knox                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Hypercom, Inc.                                               (602) 504-5888