From: Houser David DW [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 1999 10:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE. AltaVista Firewall

        >Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:43:22 -0400 (EDT)
        >From: spiff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        >Subject: Re: test

        >> Try http://altavista.software.digital.com for updates and
knowledgebase, but
        >> the product was sold to AXERT and all Firewall 98 users will have
to upgrade
        >> to a Raptor firewall.

        >ha. there's customer support for ya.

Maybe I'm misreading something here, but the press release at the site
mentioned tells me that at least one more version of Altavista will be
released before the switch to Raptor is required.    That's a heluva site
better than the state some mergers leave products with...

Q7. How will the acquisition impact AltaVista customers?
A7. The key elements moving forward for AltaVista customers include the
following:
        *       A migration plan will be developed jointly by AXENT and
Compaq and details will be available within the next 60 days.
        *       There will be one more release of the AltaVista Security
Products per prior commitment to installed customer base to be delivered
before the end of 1999.
        *       The AltaVista products will be formally retired per the
migration plan.
        *       Compaq Services will continue to support AltaVista products
for one (1) year beyond the retirement notice.
        *       AXENT's Raptor products will be available as the replacement
products for the AltaVista Security products over the longer term.

-
[To unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe firewalls" in the body of the message.]
-