The point of tunneling is to go through firewalls
(well, in your case, anyway).  This is why the
firewall is rendered useless.

If the endpoints of the SSH link have firewalling
capabilities you can regain a little bit of
security by firewalling the link at the endpoints
rather than the firewall you're piercing.

For example, if the endpoints were Linux, you
could use ipfw or ipchains to block all but
approved traffic.

~Patrick

-
[To unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe firewalls" in the body of the message.]