> thought I'd ask what people's opinions are of using DSL *without* a
> firewall. What are some of the risks? And what types of
> firewalls might be
> the best bet for this situation, if one is needed?

The risks are the same as any net connection,
including a dialup line, except even more so
if you get a DSL connection with static IP
(of course, you can also get this option with
standard dialup...)

The above may not be exactly the answer you're
looking for, but you said you're doing searches
on the Net already, so just look for any list
of pros and cons about firewalls, slap "DSL"
inline where appropriate, and your paper is done.

As a side note, I believe an advisory just
came out recently about a Denial of Service
against a particular DSL modem or something.
Search BugTraQ if interested.

~Patrick

-
[To unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe firewalls" in the body of the message.]