> I'm not clear on what a port scan accomplishes with a spoofed address
> unless it is just to make you think you're being scanned from
> elsewhere.
> If you're being scanned from a spoofed address, then whoever
> is trying to
> find a vulnerability will never know the result, right?

Except, of course, when the attacker is spoofing the
return address of another machine on the same subnet
and can sniff the responses from there or using a
tool like idlescan and using an unsuspecting third
party to do the scan for them.

~Patrick
-
[To unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe firewalls" in the body of the message.]