It may be because of the type of ipsec connection you
are using. I'm going to assume you are using NAT with
the FW at work.  I think you need to see if you are
using AH (i think proto 51) AH doesn't like NAT (don't
quote me on this:) ) i think because it takes a md5
checksum of the packet. So going on this nat would
make an ipsec packet invalid because you just changed
the src address. I've never used the borderware ipsec
client, so i can't tell you what to look at per say,
but see if there is an option to disable AH (Auth
Header)