Thanks, Dave.  That's a good test.  I'll try it when I can get back
there (Friday, I hope) and will post the results to this list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Shipman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: 'Lauren Horn' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: NetGear FR314/PPPoE possible routing problem
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:45:22 -0500

<snip>

I ran the ping test: ping -f -l <size> yahoo.com and continued to
reduce the <size> of the send buffer until I no longer got the message
'Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set.' Once I found a size that
worked, I updated the registry MTU setting of the workstations to that
value and I could see all the sites I couldn't see before.  I have
machines running Win2K Pro, Winnt 4.0 and Win98_SE.  After updating
the registry settings for each machine, all worked fine.  I honestly
don't remember if I made that setting on the firewall PC, I don't
think I did.