Gordon,

The simplest way to check is to view the logging...

Allow ICMP is a BAD thing in my opinion to left enables
in your rulebase because that is general for the whole
rulebase...   NOT just per interface basis.

The best way, in my opinion, is to allow ICMP echo request
FROM computer 1 to 2 and then allow ICMP echo reply BACK
from computer 2 to 1.   This should work...

Regards,

Brenno