Hi Gurus

It's very simple question and i don't know it's firewall question or win2000 and if
it's win2K ques then Please forgive me .....

I was trying to install checkpoint FW1 on WIN2000 advance server with limited license
(25-50 users)
I have installed the firewall but in the FW configuration we have to give "name of
external i/f" so i went in command prompt and typed
"ipconfig" ...but to my surprise the interface name was not there by default..so i
have tried with all 2000 machines i am having but it din't show the interface name and
i have tried all possible options of ipconfig.
Then i have tried in NT machine and YES, it's there by default.

After that I have given the interface name since my NT and 2000 NIC's are same of
DLINK. so by seeing on NT I have given the interface name on 2000 but I was not able
to install the rulebase since no bindings was there between interface name and ip addr.

I think some registry settings are there to set up and bind the interface name with
ip???

can anyone guide me in this particular case ????

Thanks in advance

Regards
Vish