I hope i am writing this to someone who can assist me. I am trying to find out why my
cisco pix 515 firewall keeps freezing. the problem has been around for some time now
and is getting worse as we are getting an increase in traffic.

"Some Cisco Pix 515, 515-DC and 506 Firewalls have suffered system hangs when traffic
on the network becomes too heavy, requiring IS staff to manually restart the firewall,
Cisco reported in an Oct. 18 field notice on its Web site. Cisco expects the problem
to occur most often in the 515 models, which are designed for corporate central
offices, but said it may also happen in 506 units in some cases. The 506 is designed
for branch offices, which tend to experience lower traffic levels."

This seems to sum up the issues I am having. I don't know what purchase dates but I
purchased my firewall in May 2000 oh and I am in Sydney Australia.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards
pat

Patrick Hammond