Bingo.  They can pickup whatever is traversing the wire of the subnet they
are listening on.  Switched environments are a different matter, and I'll
leave it to the switch experts to develope that thread if it is to be,
being nore of a switch novice her compared to some of our other company on
this list.

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Bruno Negrão wrote:

> Hy all,
> Could someone tell me if sniffers can hear remote connections?
> In my conception, sniffers just can hear the traffic where they are directly
>connected. Is it right?
>
> Thank you
>  -- Bruno Negrão -- Suporte
>  -- Plugway Acesso Internet Ltda.
>  -- (31)34812311
>  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
        ***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.