Title: PIX: ACLs and NAT: which comes first?

Folks,

I'm about to do some testing to look for a working answer to this, but in the meantime I'm wondering if anyone has a link handy to official docs (or thoughts in general) that answer the following:

If you have an ACL applied to your outside interface, and are PATting traffic from inside to outside, which rules take precedence: the ACL or the translation rules?  That is, if I, from the inside, initiate an outbound connection and a translation is created, does the implicit "allow traffic from destination host:port to source host:port" get processed before the ACL, or between the ACL and the implicit "deny ip any any"?  I would think that the ACL would take precedence over the translation, otherwise what's the point of having an ACL?

The testing is going to be done on a PIX running version 6.1, but that shouldn't affect anything too much.  Also, the command reference for access-list and NAT don't help much, otherwise I wouldn't be asking.  Did I miss a keyword in my search on google? :)

Regards,

Chris Swinford