On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 09:41:34AM +0200, Ben Nagy wrote:
> In Cisco Land, inbound ACLs get processed before NAT.
>
> That's not guaranteeing that it's _exactly_ the same for the PIX, but
> I'm prepared to bet it will be almost identical.
>
> [1] http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/556/5.html

On PIX I've observed ACL before NAT outside to inside.

However, if you look here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/cmdref/ab.htm#xtocid7

it states:

"For inbound connections, destination_addr is the address after NAT
has been performed. For outbound connections, destination_addr is the
address before NAT has been performed."

which I think makes more sense, because of things like port
redirection.  I haven't had a chance to investigate further.

--
Kevin Steves     | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Atomic Gears LLC | http://www.atomicgears.com/